If you've ever been to a national park you've heard the phrase "leave no trace." Don't leave your trash, don't follow the same path as others, keep the wild, wild. This candle smells like the untouched wilderness with notes of oakmoss, pine, spruce, and cedar.
Bring the mesmerizing sensation of a campfire indoors and gather around your campfire candle. All of our Campfire Candles are hand-poured in small batches at our farm in the Flint Hills region of Kansas. We use clean-burning soy wax and large wood wicks made from responsibly harvested softwood.
Scent: Oakmoss, pine, spruce, and cedar (Fragrance oils are phthalate-free and are not subject to the California prop 65 warning)
Net Weight: 7 ounces / 198 grams
Container: 9-ounce amber-tinted straight-sided glass jar with a black metal lid.
By purchasing products from Lyons Creek Local, LLC, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify Lyons Creek Local, LLC, its agents, owners, contractors, third-party vendors, and associates from any damage caused by the use of our products, including but not limited to any fires, damaged caused by heat, wax stains, etc. You also agree to hold harmless, indemnify, defend, and protect Lyons Creek Local, LLC from any claims by any insurance company or carrier arising from your use of our products. Burning candles create a fire hazard and should be used properly. Guidelines for candle use include, but are not limited to the following: to never leave a burning candle unattended, to keep the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch, to discontinue use when 1/2 inch of wax remains, to avoid burning the candle(s) in drafts, to keep all candles and wax products away from children, pets and flammable objects, and to burn the candle for no more than 3 hours at a time.
Wood Wick Candle Burning Tips
Keep your wick trimmed to avoid a high flame
Remove charred wood from previous burn to ensure it lights up properly
Make sure the wax melts across the diameter of the candle before burning out
IMPORTANT Candle Safety
Burning candles is a fun activity, however, it is imperative that you follow proper safety protocols while burning candles.Thousands of house fires are started every year by people who don’t follow safety rules. We want you to enjoy your candle and not burn your home down! Let’s go through some basic safety and once that is out of the way you can begin the fun! Never eat the wax, drink the wax, or slather soy wax on your skin, and please don’t pour wax down your drains. Use common sense!
How to Burn a Candle Safely from the National Candle Association
Before burning, always trim the wick to ¼ inch. You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
Burn candles in a well-ventilated room:
Avoid drafts, vents, or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
In general, it is recommended that candles do not burn for longer than three hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.
Never leave a candle unattended.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from walls, ceilings, furniture, drapes, bedding, bath towels, toilet paper, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, clothing, hair, etc.
Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety,discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch remains in the containeror 2 inches if using a pillar candle.
Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.
Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
When Extinguishing a Candle:
Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.